Since its creation, IED Social Fund has enabled its employees to support their commitment to social projects that are close to their hearts and in which they are personally involved. In this particularly complicated year for many sectors of activity, the financial assistance granted by the IED Social Fund has further enabled us to support activities external to the company in accordance with its values of commitment to the poorest and the enhancement of fair and sustainable societal projects, in the geographical environment of our professional presences.
Key facts of year 2019 / 2020
- Ashalayam Association, which helps street children in Calcutta, India, to get out of their extremely precarious situation, which has been supported for several years and recently focused on health issues.
- In France, in the light of the economic crisis of 2020 affecting the most vulnerable, reintegration and support of people insituations of extreme vulnerability, whether through the Enterprise of Possibles, a collective of companies in the Lyon metropolis whose aim is to maintain access to housing through the patronage of skills, or through the Lyon-based association Forum Réfugié -Cosi, which works to welcome refugees, defend the right of asylum and promote the rule of law.
- Training of young people and support for people with disabilities: rehabilitation work of the Lyon theatre of the Compagnie du Gai Savoir, which works to democratise schoolchildren's access to drama with an integrative approach to people with disabilities; Judo Club of the Saint Genoise Agreement for its initiatives to integrate young athletes with autism or trisomy ; The Castors Workshop, a creative parenting support association located in Orleans, and the Scout section of the Farfadets de Craponne.
- Work of school infrastructure carried out by the drômoise association "Que la Joie Demeure", a supporter of the Montessori school method, which corroborates the desire of IED employees to encourage collaborative pedagogical practices placing respect for the environment at the centre of educational interactions and awareness of the adults of tomorrow.
- Support for the development of sustainable community farming practices and the emergence of eco-tourism that enhances Malagasy cultures,through support for the Fanamby project of the artist Rajery, "Prince of valiha", which is in line with the values of commitment of FDI actors in the service of eco-responsible actions sources of sustainable development.
Congratulations to all these project leaders!