On Thursday, December 10, 2020, Benin's Energy Minister Dona Jean-Claude HOUSSOU, visited the works sites of the PRERA project: the SBEE Network Restructuring and Extension Project in the municipality of Abomey-Calavi and 81 villages in the Atlantic department, which project IED is mastering the project management, as well as the monitoring of work and social intermediation, in order to allow access to electricity to about 800,000 beneficiaries.
This project, which started in 2017, aims to improve the availability and quality of electricity in the urban and peri-urban centres of the municipality of Abomey-Calavi and also in the rural communities of the Atlantic department.
Mr. HOUSSOU, Minister of Energy, was thus able to assess project progression and :
- attend an HTB cable unwinding operation (Bouygues): https://twitter.com/MediapartBenin/status/1337086384222433283
- visit the site of one of the 2 GIS HTB 63kV (SDEL) technology stations in Akassato: https://twitter.com/MediapartBenin/status/1337077895165059079
- assess the work carried out regarding distribution lots allocated to the RMT Eiffage company,
- visit a prefabricated station in GIS HTA technology and carry out the commissioning of a transformer in the "control village" of Glo Fanto,
- make a visit to a customer newly connected to the network.
Sarah HOLT, an expert consultant on social and economic issues for IED, presented to the Minister the social intermediation activities in the project : awareness/communication in the area of intervention, addressing and geo-referencing of the more than 30,000 potential customers, making available to eligible customers a solution to pay their connection costs to the SBEE network by mobile money, etc.
Check the videos with the following links :
- https://twitter.com/MediapartBenin/status/1336982125162213377 https://twitter.com/MediapartBenin/status/1337067554481860617